Monday, April 22, 2013

The Place Beyond The Pines review

It's so much more than Drive on a bike.
The Place Beyond The Pines stars Ryan Gosling, Bradley Cooper, and Eva Mendes. It's directed by Derek Cianfrance. So first off I have to say, I absolutely loved this movie. Everything about it was just terrific. It was well written and the story was great. The acting was incredible. It's a shame this was released in April because I don't think it will get the awards attention it deserves. The film is about a motorcyclist for a traveling carnival named Luke Glanton (Gosling) and his struggle to support his newborn son by robbing banks, after a tragic accident the film transitions to hero cop Avery Cross (Cooper) and his story. Cross starts out as a rookie with a wife and a newborn son. He is trying to be a good father but is drawn into corruption and greed by his more undesirable friends. Avery's story is more about him trying to be a good cop and do the right thing. Then the movie goes ahead 15 years and shows Avery's and Luke's sons and their struggle with drugs, alcohol, and family. I really loved this film. It touched me on an emotional level and portrayed vulnerability, love, and hate in people in such a great way. Derek Cianfrance really has a way with film. Ryan Gosling has been known as a good actor. Yet, Bradley Cooper has only recently gotten critical attention and an Oscar nod. He was amazing in this movie. I think he really nailed his performance. Eva Mendes is known mostly for comedies like Stuck on You and The Other Guys. She really went out of her comfort zone for an awe inspiring performance in the movie. I was truly amazed at her. Bradley Cooper, Ryan Gosling, and everyone did a terrific acting job in this movie. The Place Beyond the Pines is packed with emotion and is what cinema should be. Just because of how great I thought this movie was, I'm giving The Place Beyond The Pines 4.5 out of 5 stars. Happy Viewing! Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @WhitsMovies and like me on Facebook at Facebook.com/WhitsMovies!

No comments:

Post a Comment