Friday, April 12, 2013

Evil Dead review

Remakes almost always suck. With the exception of the Dark Knight Trilogy, remakes are terrible most of the time. Yet, I was surprised with Evil Dead. I enjoyed the original movies and I liked this remake also. I had not expected this. It was suspenseful with clever nods to the original, with it's own twists and additions. But I warn you, Evil Dead is not for the weak stomached. It is filled with guts, gore, and just some serious gross-out scenes. The blood is to such excess that it becomes a tad unrealistic so it lessens the gross factor because you know it couldn't happen. Now this is a horror movie about the devil and demon possessions so don't expect realism. Some parts were a bit much even I had to look away. Yet, in the end it pays off. With a very satisfying ending with a twist I didn't come close to expecting! The acting in it is not great, but I suppose it could be worse. Also, you're not going to see Evil Dead for award winning acting. If you have seen the original, which I urge you to do, you have to pay attention to the subtle nudge-and-wink moments that reference the original. That will certainly heighten your enjoyment of the movie. Now I know it won't win awards but it's enjoyable for fans of the original and it has an awesome ending. I say give it a try and you may be surprised. WARNING: As I said before, Evil Dead is NOT for the weak stomached! I give Evil Dead 3.8 out of 5 stars. Happy Viewing. Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @WhitsMovies and like me on Facebook at Facebook.com/WhitsMovies!

No comments:

Post a Comment