Thursday, February 14, 2013

#tbt A Clockwork Orange review

This may have been one of the weirdest movies I've ever seen. I'm not saying it's bad because it wasn't. I am saying it was incredibly strange. A Clockwork Orange stars Malcolm McDowell as Alex, a delinquent in future Britain  Alex is in a gang who go around at night beating up homeless people, raping, and drinking drugged milk. As I said, strange. Alex gets caught murdering a woman and is sent to prison. After a couple years there, the government selects Alex for a special treatment to cure him of his violent urges. After they brainwash him and he is now "cured" a serious of weird and crazy events happen to Alex. In the end things don't go exactly as planned. A Clockwork Orange is based on the novel by Anthony Burgess but, I've never read it so I can' say how it compares. The movie itself was good with a plot you can easily follow and interesting characters. It was well made especially for a film made in the early '70's. It is a Stanley Kubrick movie so it has to be pretty good. It's a good movie but it is just really strange. So I'd recommend it but It's not for the faint of heart. Happy Throwback Thursday and Happy Viewing! Follow me on Twitter @WhitsMovies and like me on Facebook at Facebook.com/WhitsMovies!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment