Saturday, May 25, 2013

Fast & Furious 6 review

Not furious enough.
I have to say I was looking forward to this. I liked the fifth movie and Fast 6 seemed to be getting decent reviews so I thought hey, it could be good. I was pretty wrong. The sixth installment in the series didn't do anything. While Fast Five refreshed the dying series and made for a cool heist film, Fast and Furious 6 was just a generic action movie. The acting was pretty bad, the script was mediocre, the only good part was the car chases. The plot of this movie is that there is  a group of criminals who are good with cars and have some convoluted plan to steal a computer chip and some stuff like that. So Hobbs (Dwayne Johnson), the government agent from the fifth movie, gets Dominic Torretto's (Vin Diesel) team back together to stop that particular group of international criminals from causing bad shit from happening. The acting in this film his really awful. Paul Walker is the most emotionless and stoic actor maybe ever. When he says his lines, it sounds so uncomfortable and rehearsed and he just is generally bad at acting. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is also a fairly bad actor. Some people like him and I am not one of those people. He's just never wowed me in any of his movies. He really only had one facial expression in the whole film. The rest of the cast did alright. Tyrese Gibson was having the most fun out of everyone in the cast and was kind of fun to watch. The plot is generic, the acting is bad, but the car chases are amazing. One of this movie's strong suits is it's action scenes. The car chases are so awesome and eye-popping it actually makes the movie worthwhile. Editing technology really has come along way. The fight scenes are also pretty cool. Gina Carano, who I believe used to be a UFC fighter, had one particularly awesome fight scene in a subway with Michelle Rodriguez. So those scenes were pretty cool. Besides that the movie was just okay, I guess. I suppose if you suspend all your disbelief and just forget anything you know about what makes a movie good, you could really enjoy and even love this movie. So, maybe you'll like this more than me. Personally, I didn't like it. I give Fast & Furious 6 2.5 out of 5 stars. Happy Viewing. You can follow me on Twitter @WhitsMovies and like me on Facebook at Facebook.com/WhitsMovies.

No comments:

Post a Comment