Saturday, January 12, 2013

Zero Dark Thirty review

When I went to see Zero Dark Thirty I didn't expect exactly what I got. I expected a detailed account of the killing of Osama bin Laden. What I got was more of an extremely detailed account of the events leading up to the attack and the attack itself. While this was informative and well-scripted, it did get a bit slow at times. I personally, didn't think Zero Dark Thirty was movie of the year. I thought the story and acting were very good, and the last 45 minutes were fairly intense. I don't think it deserves Best Picture though. Don't get me wrong it was good and I expect it to win a few awards but I don't think it completely lived up to the hype. Anyway, the movie is about the hunt for Osama bin Laden and one CIA agent named Maya, played beautifully by Jessica Chastain, who is going through hell to find him. Anyway I thought it was good, not movie of the year, but good. Personally, I liked Django Unchained better. Zero Dark Thirty is directed by Kathryn Bigelow who directed the 2008 war flick The Hurt Locker and stars Jessica Chastain, Kyle Chandler, Joel Edgarton, and Jennifer Ehle. I give it 4 out of 5 stars. Happy Viewing! Follow me on Twitter @WhitsMovies and like me on Facebook at Facebook.com\WhitsMovies.

No comments:

Post a Comment