Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Les Miserables review

Les Miserables was certainly not what I expected. I hadn't seen the musical on Broadway or watched other movie adaptations. I had expected the plot about love, the french revolution and whatever with a few songs in between. What I got was a very depressing movie with lots of emotion and great acting. Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway were great while Russel Crowe was a bit too stoic and left something to be desired. Now you must be warned, everything is sung in this movie. It's more of an opera than a movie. Although that may annoy some, it hardly takes away from the plot. The acting and music was really good but the plot, well had some holes. Many things didn't make a ton of sense and left me questioning. Yet I don't think this movie was made for the plot. It was made for the music and the great acting. Best Picture? I don't think so. Best Actor for Hugh Jackman? Maybe. I give Les Miserables 3.9 out of 5 stars. Happy Viewing. Follow me on Twitter @WhitsMovies and like me on Facebook at facebook.com/whitsmovies.

No comments:

Post a Comment