Thursday, October 11, 2012

#tbt A Scanner Darkly review

As part of my first annual Thursday tradition I am reviewing a movie not in theaters. This is Throwback Thursday. Today I am reviewing the 2006 sci-fi thriller starring Keanu Reeves, Robert Downey Jr, Woody Harrelson, and Winona Ryder. Directed by Richard Linklater. This great flick was based on the book by legendary science fiction writer Philip K. Dick. I have both read and watched them both and have to say I loved them both. They held your attention and showed you what life would be like as a drug addict and dealer living in an authoritarian society. The characters had so much depth and you got so into the story, it was art. Keanu Reeves in one of his best performances and Robert Downey Jr. just completing owning his role created a great experience. It was a cool movie. Another cool thing was the movie was shot in a technique called rotoscoping, where you film regularly than animate over it. The movie and book were both terrific and I strongly recommend them. I hope to review Seven Psychopaths tomorrow or over the weekend so keep watch!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment