Sunday, October 7, 2012

Taken 2 review


Yesterday I saw the revenge action sequel Taken 2. It starred Liam Neeson as the ass-kicking protagonist, Bryan Mills, an ex-CIA father who killed a lot of sex traffickers in the first film, Maggie Grace as his beautiful daughter, and Famke Jenssen as his slightly annoying ex-wife. Basically The relatives of  the people Bryan Mills killed in the first movie kidnap Bryan and his wife as revenge and try to kidnap his daughter (again) but she remains un-kidnapped.(that is a word right?) I thought it was kinda similar to the first movie with maybe a little more action. The plot was so-so but Liam Neeson made up for everything by kicking so much ass that it made the movie a lot better. Of course it's not Oscar material but what were you expecting, it was fun to watch and wasn't boring. I give it 3 out of 5 stars and 4.5 out of 5 ass-kicking stars! I hope to review Argo or Seven Psychopaths next week but might not be able to. I also am going to start a segment which I call Throwback Thursdays were I review an older not in theaters movie. I also am going to start ending reviews with home viewing recommendations of movies to watch at home, today's is Blade Runner. A great sci-fi noir thriller loosely based on the great Philip K. Dick novel. Happy Watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment