Saturday, December 1, 2012

Wreck-It Ralph review

Yesterday I saw the animated action-comedy Wreck-It Ralph. I wasn't particularly excited to see this movie at first considering it was just a "kids" movie that got decent reviews but I have to admit, it surprised me. Wreck-It Ralph is about video game characters that come to life after the arcade closes. specifically one character Ralph, who works in the game Fix-It Felix Jr. In this game Ralph is a bad guy who everyone hates.     So, Ralph gets sick of this and goes "game jumping" where he goes to another game to win a medal. After a lot of stuff happens, Ralph ends up in a candy-themed racing game called "Sugar Rush" where he meets glitch character Vannelope who needs his help. Things turn out to be more than meets the eye and Ralph goes on an ad venture of a lifetime involving cyber-bugs and an evil character named Turbo. Wreck-It Ralph is enjoyable whether you are five years old or twenty-five years old. The animation is especially cool and it's fun to see nods to old and new video games. Wreck-It Ralph may not win any Oscars (although with the slim pickings for Best Animated Feature, it may) but it doesn't disappoint. I give it 3.9 out of 5 stars. Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @WhitsMovies and like me on Facebook. Happy Viewing.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment