Thursday, March 21, 2013

#tbt Kill Bill Vol. 2 review

A few weeks ago I reviewed Quentin Tarantino's 2003 cult hit, Kill Bill Volume 1. This week I am going to review the almost equally awesome sequel: Kill Bill Volume 2. Volume 2 starts out the same way Volume 1 started out, with Bill (David Carradine) shooting The Bride in the head. Then it shows The Bride driving to kill bill. After an awesome opening the movie only gets better. The rest of the movie shows her being taught to fight well by Pai Mei, hunting down the final members of The Deadly Viper Assassination Squad: Elle Driver, Budd, and finally Bill. The movie pays homage to Japanese samurai flicks and kung fu movies, but this film pays much more homage to spaghetti westerns and Japanese horror. There are some terrific shots and it really ties the series together. The dialogue is pretty great, (hey it's Tarantino, it better have great dialogue), and the plot is as original and cool as ever. The end is so good it just wraps the whole series up in a nice bloody bow. Of course, if you haven't seen Kill Bill Vol. 1, you absolutely HAVE to see it before seeing Vol. 2. I have to say I love the Kill Bill movies and highly recommend them. They may not be as good as some Tarantino films like say Pulp Fiction or even Reservoir Dogs, but they are pretty damn good. If I had to choose which Kill Bill film I liked better I don't think I could. I'd be like picking a favorite child! (Okay maybe it wouldn't be like that but whatever) Anyway, Kill Bill is great watch it! Happy Throwback Thursday and Happy Viewing! You can follow me on Twitter at @WhitsMovies and like me on Facebook at Facebook.com/WhitsMovies!

No comments:

Post a Comment